1. Do I need to rinse the filters before I use my new Aquaphor for the very first time?
Yes; and you will need to rinse new filters before use as well.
2. How do I rinse the filter(s) of my new home water filtration system?
- Turn on the incoming water supply valve and fill the water tank. (IF your water tank is already full, skip the 2nd step below during the first time, however you will still need to repeat 5 times)
- It will take approximately 30-90 minutes for the machine to produce enough treated water to fill the tank and automatically shut off. (Total time depends on TDS (total dissolved solids), water temperature, and water pressure)
- Once the tank is filled, open the RO spigot and drain the tank completely.
- Once the tank has drained completely, turn the RO spigot off and allow the tank to refill again.
- Repeat this process 5 times.
3. How do I know if the tank for my reverse osmosis water filter system is full?
The Aquaphor machine produces sounds of running water while the water tank is being filled. Once the tank is filled, the sounds of running water stop.
4. How do I know if the water tank is empty?
First, please note the water flow pressure coming from the RO spigot. There will be a constant water flow while the water is coming from the tank. Once the tank is empty, the water flow will reduce significantly, compared to the initial water flow.
5. When should I replace the filter(s)?
6. How do I replace the filter(s)?
- Be sure to turn off the water supply first.
- Replace the membrane(s).
- Follow the step-by-step rinsing procedures (FAQ's Question #2) before use.
7. What is the total capacity of the water tank?